Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Learning Styles

Lots of paper in this lesson!! Save the copies you don't use!! Post your comments about the Learning Styles inventories on the blog. Just try it!!! It won't hurt, I promise. If you don't get on the blog by Friday's class you can do so in the BBT lab.

So... what is your style? Did you already know what style you were? What inventory did you like the best? Did you come up with the same results on different inventories? Which one would give you the most useful information about your student? Think about how will you introduce this to your students and how you would administer it.

How would you implement the Learning Style of your student into your lessons?

See you Thursday!

14 comments:

Steven said...

I'm on the blogg now. Just leaving a message to let you know. "that was easy"

Becca said...

Ya, I'm blogging! WOWS!!! Blogging boggles my mind! So far though reading tutor is harder than I thought, but I'm sure I'll soon be saying..."that was easy!!!" :)

Manda said...

testing...

Alyssa said...

I did already know that I was a visual learner.I can use my knowladge of the inventory sheets to learn how to better teach and help my tutee.

Anonymous said...

My learning style was visual all the way! Yes, I did know what learning style I was because I have done "V-A-K" before in middle level. Also doing the one online I found I was very social learning as well.
The inventory that I liked best was one and five. These both gave a variety on finding what learning style you are. Number one would be a helpful for learning information about my student. But also #4 I think would be helpful. But honestly, each inventory is different, there fore it may be helpful to do a few of them? Because then you would have a good feel on what the learning style is for your student.
I think I would do the LS Inventory #1 first with a student... maybe after I get to know the student and find out what they are interested in, I'll introduce Learning Style Inventory #1. I would probably not to the whole inventory at once. I may break it down so my student doesnt feel swamped!

Manda said...

I didn't already know but I'm visual. I liked inventory 3 the best and came up with the same result. I think #4 would be pretty useful. I would explain how it is only for me to determine his learning style so I could use the most effective teaching methods to help him progress. I would just ask him the questions instead of trying to make him read it and fill it out with him, or maybe even try to get him to read some of the questinos himself.

Becca said...

My style was very linguistic, which I was already aware of, just by the ways I approach things and the things I like to do! I did a few of the inventories, and they all came up with similar results. I liked the inventory that gave you a sort of honeycomb shaped graph at the end; this was really easy to read and would be good to use with a high school student in the tutor program, because the questions they ask you are easy to read and easily related to. If I did this with my student I would probably take them to a computer with not alot of people around so they felt comfortable, then I would ask them the statements out loud. When I know what style they are it will help me to come up with a lesson plan that will be most affective!

Anonymous said...

I kinda already knew that I was a kinesthetic learner:P(hehe)This class seems a little difficult, but I'm sure that as the class goes on I'll understand it;)
I thought that inventory #1,was pretty straight forward, and easy to do, so i would probably do this inventory with my student.I would read the questions to them,so it doesent seem like im always expecting them to do piles of work at once.
Sam<3

Anonymous said...

Yay, it actually worked!:P...lol
Sam<3

amanda said...

Reading tutor is a little harder then what I thougt it would be. But it will get better when we get to work with our students.

Anonymous said...

wow! This "high school reading not challenging enough" article has a point. I know about 10 people who have graduated from our school and they still don't know how to read.I find it very interesting that only 55% of students are prepared for college, and that this percentage has decreased since 1999.

Terri said...

My style was definantly visual and I already knew what my style was going to be. I liked the first activity the best. I always ended up with the same results on all activities. The first and the fourth activity gave me the most useful information. I think these activities will be very useful for my student. I will be able to see how they learn best. I will use their style and interest to teach them.

Anonymous said...

Posted by Bobbie:

I am very much a Kinesthetic learner.. I enjoy being physical. I was already aware of this because I did this in Middle Level a couple times with Rosalie. I believe that doing a "V-A-K" with my student would be a good idea because I could use that to adapt a lesson that would better suit them- and they might not lose interest in what we're doing that day.

Terri said...

Posted By: Jessica McGarity

I am visual learner, which i already knew. We have done so many of these tests since middle level. I havent changed over the years at all.
When i go to do the learning styles inventory, i will probaby do the first one. I will definitly break it down in a couple days because i dont want to bore my student with a ful day of this test. If i was the student i know i would be bored.