Friday, March 23, 2007
Two weeks down - Four to go!!!
How is it going?? Do you think you will have enough time to get all that you wanted done? Do you think you will be able to see an improvement in your student's reading level in that time? Are you having any difficulties? Feel free to post some concerns and/or give others some advice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Posted by: Amanda
Hi, I'm good thanks, how are you ? Theres only 4 weeks left?? Time is going by fast.. I will hopefully have enuogh time to help impove Alexs' reading. He is already doing really well but I would like to bump him up a reading level or two by the end of the four weeks. I've noticed how quiet and shy Alex is but after doing the learning styles inventory with him, I learned that he is an auditory learner. This is really useful because I can change my teaching methods according to his learning style so he will hopefully improve a lot faster with his reading. See you Monday ! Have a great Weekend!! :)
Im not quite sure if I will be able to get a full running record done with my student. He hasn't been showing much interest when it comes to "work". I would love to see an improvement in Andrew's reading level, but I don't know if I will get the opertunity to.
Sam <3
steven_kay13@hotmail.com
My first 2 weeks have gone very well. Brad has done great on his R.R's and is cooperating in the activities. I think i will see in improvement because he is willing to learn.
The first two weeks have gone by super fast but I can already see an improvement in Zack. I have done two Reading Record's with him and he has received a 99% on both, so I hope to find out his instructional level soon! He is doing better than I expected. I can see that his confidence has boosted and I hope to see him improve even more. Zack is also willing to learn, so it makes my job as a tutor that more easy. By the end the next 4 weeks, I hope to improve on Zack's fluency.
Hey!!! Here i am on the weekend, doing homeowrk... surprise surprise. Quelle surprise! hehe The first two weeks have been a blast with my reading tutee! I was very impressed with his reading! He can read and doesnt have that much of a problem with reading. His comprehension is also good. However, he just doesnt like to read. I need to think of a few activities that he would enjoy to make reading FUN :) if any one has some seuggestions, please let me know:P But overall, its going great. I got him to read the start of chapter 8 (i just randomly opened the book and asked him to read) and he did well. There were a few words that he struggled with but hey, its a gr 11 novel? I didnt expect him to do as well as he did, so hats off to my reading tutee!
ttyl
tina
So far reading tutor is going really well, but I don't know how much we can get done in only four more weeks! eeeee! hopefully I can get my tutee up a level in the next week or so, and see how he does with that. The only difficulties I'm having is that my student is sooo quiet! which is probably the opposite of most of the other tutees. I have to make sure I keep talking with him about the book or he gets too quiet when other people are around, so I hope I can get him to be more confident this month. I found it funny though how my tutee has such neat printing/handwriting! He could out-write my sloppy cursive any day! hahahaha, it makes me want to practice!
So far my time spent in Reading Tutor with Nathanial is going well. I didn't see much confidence in Nathanial until last Thursday, when he told me he was really going to try and thats when he began to focus a little harder as well. In four weeks time I do believe that we may see a slight improvement in Nathanial's reading level. However, it becomes difficult when behavior and attention span becomes an issue. I am trying to focus on both boosting the quality in his work and the efforts he puts forth, rather than the accureacey. He doesn't want to try and make preditions so thats what he and I are focusing on right now. Nathanial will be bringing in some hunting and fishing magazines on Tuesday. We will use this magazines to pick articles from for him to read. On Wednesday we plan on doing a timed reading.
Nathanial and I did a learning inventory sheet and I discovered that he was a Kinestheic leaner. This is helpful for future lessons, and since I too am a Kinestheic leaner I can find games and activities that we will both enjoy doing.
Posted by: Jessica McGarity
Two weeks down.... time has gone by fast. I think i will have enough time to see some of an improvement. My student has a hard time focusing on the topic, but i have seen an improvement from the first day. She is willing to learn, as long as it interests her. I have done a couple R.R and i have found her level. I have started an activity called a Word Bank with my tutee. It seems to be helping a lot with some of the words that she has trouble with. I hope by the end of this course that i will be able to see a change in my student. She is doing really well so far.
Post a Comment